Thursday, February 4, 2010

Which was the last film you watched at the theater?

The last film i watched was Ishqiya. I think i put up this question because i wanted to rant about the beautifully made film.
The film plays like a short story on the screen. I always say that i want to watch and make a film that would leave the audience satisfied after the credits roll. I go to watch a film because i want to be entertained. I don't want to leave the theater thinking, "darn, that was such a waste".
Ishqiya was 100% entertainment for me and i left the theater thinking wow! what a film.
I'm not going to write reviews about films on this blog and obviously no spoilers...but i will definitely write about things i enjoyed or disliked about a particular film or genre.

What was the last film you saw?

5 comments:

  1. are you willing to watch it again with me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a coincidence! The last film i too watched at the theater was Ishqiya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went and saw Ishqiya with high hopes and came back totally disappointed. Have already vented out the frustration on my blog so won't go into it all over again.
    I thought the director got so entangled in his own complicated plot that he couldn't resolve it at the end. Quite similar to what has happened in Kaminey. It is not surprising that Vishal Bhardwaj is involved in both these.
    I have high regard for him, having seen Maqbool and Omkara several times over. But Ishqiya was a let-down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. latest film i saw was wall street " money never sleeps" ... kind of boring movie with very little screens that actually entertain u.

    ReplyDelete